Friday, November 12, 2010

It was brought to my attention that my blog was feeling neglected, so here I am nurturing it once again. I was thinking about what to post. I could ramble on for hours of drivel that would put my few readers completely off ever returning. On the other hand, i remember the idea i had recently that i was going to take some pictures in my bedroom. Probably where I spend the most of my time. The place I eat, sleep, watch tv, play xbox, read, write, msn, text, phonecall, listen to music, clean, dirty, clean again, and do virtually everything when I'm not out of the house.


View from my bedroom door. From left: Bed, bedside table, chair (where my laptop sits most of the time) and wardrobe.
___________________________________


Same as before, only upright view. You can see my snake Quentin's tank sitting on top of my chest of drawers. also notice the rug that sits in the middle of my room on top of a fully wooden floor.
___________________________________


My lineup of shoes. From left to right: Nice shoes I bought in Limerick I wear for nicey things, trainers for not so nicey things, slippers ^_^ and finally my black leather work shoes that I end up doing most of my walking in.
___________________________________


View from the foot of my bed. My wardrobe and he chair in front of it, again with laptop on it.
___________________________________


The top of my bedside table. Its normally far more cluttered than this. Pen and notepad. Change out of my work trouser pocket. Blackberry and Sony Ericsson (ireland phone), picture of my family, and a coaster :)
___________________________________


View of my bed from another corner of the room. Shelves of books above it. Window, bedside table again etc.
___________________________________


View of the door from where the chair is. Emerald Garrison banner and a pull-up bar going across the door frame. Get so used to ducking underneath it habitually now.
___________________________________


My tv unit which holds my extensive collection of DVDs. You can see my safe on the left of it. The messy shalf on the bottom is my xbox and all that comes with it.
___________________________________


Two shelves on the left of the unit; the top housing my safe; the second where I put all the papers I get pictures in. On top of those papers is an extract from the Irish News which is the article from when my grandfather passed away.
___________________________________


The shelves above my bed. You will see the collection of National Geographic I've been gathering. The bottom shelf also normally holds my camera but in this instance, obviously, I was using it. I also perch my phone on the bottom shelf during calls, using the hands free, to get better reception.
___________________________________


Some pictures on my wall that I entered into a few competitions in the past. The blue bag on top of Quentin's tank has my other grandad's old camera in it. A family heirloom and one of the few remaining items to prove he existed.
___________________________________


On top of my wardrobe, here I hang my V for Vendetta mask because the minfridge behind it doesn't work. Two Ferrero Rocher boxes that have become my change boxes. One for northern currency, the other for Euro change.
___________________________________


Several years worth of Egyptian figurines that I collected with a magazine. Never have the patience to stand and dust them all though. The picture to the right is one I didn't take. It has a daisy in it, and the daisy is shown in all of the water droplets in the foreground.
___________________________________

So there you have it. I shall try post again soon, when there's news to post.

Ciao x

No comments: